Friday 8 January 1904
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Arno New York City and Karl Brandt.
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while The Deliverance by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1904!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1904 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Peter Arno New York City: New York, cartoonist (New Yorker).
- Karl Brandt: personal physician of Adolf Hitler (Born 1904).
- Tampa Red: American guitarist and songwriter (d. 1981).
- Pope Pius X banned low cut dresses in the presence of churchmen.
- The Blackstone Library is dedicated, marking the beginning of the Chicago Public Library system.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Village by the Sea - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?