Monday 2 July 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Line Renaud and Jacques Chancel.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1928 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Line Renaud: French superstar with legendary triumphs of every facet of show business, one of France's most beloved and respected artists.
- Jacques Chancel: French TV and radio host, he presented "Le Grand Echiquier" on the national channel (17 years) and "Radioscopie" (22 years).
- Estelita Rodriguez: Cuba -- Actress (Cuban Fireball, Havana Rose).
- British parliament accept female sufferage