Thursday 2 June 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Heather Couper and Jack Pierce.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1949 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Heather Couper: English astronomer and physicist.
- Jack Pierce: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Frank Rich: American journalist and critic.
- Transjordan is renamed Jordan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Peggy Lee
- Some Enchanted Evening - Bing Crosby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?