Tuesday June 02, 1908
US date format: 6/2/1908, UK date format: 2/6/1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 2, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Albers .
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 02, 1908?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- 33rd Preakness: Eddie Dugan aboard Royal Tourist wins in 1:46.4
- Herbert Albers: Germany Scientist.
- Redvers H Buller: English General, dies at 68.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 02, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough - Sweetheart Days