Wednesday 2 June 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Toy Story 3, directed by Lee Unkrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Stand by Nathaniel Philbrick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crisis in the Gulf or Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2010 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- The crew of the Libyan M/V ''Rim'' takes back the ship from Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. Another ship, the Panamanian M/V ''QSM Dubai'', is captured. (CNN)
- Gaza flotilla raid:
- The Israel Defense Forces claims that the 10 tonnes of aid delivered in the Free Gaza flotilla was turned back by Hamas when delivered to the border at Rafah, with Hamas stating that it will only accept the aid if all flotilla activists imprisoned in Israel are freed, and that the aid be delivered by the flotilla organizers. (CNN)
- Turkey announces its intention to cut all ties with Israel unless the dead and captured flotilla activists are returned by the end of the day, and sends doctors to Israel to supervise the treatment of wounded Turkish activists in Israeli hospitals. (Aljazeera)
- UK Prime Minister David Cameron calls the Israeli raid on an unarmed aid convoy ampquotcompletely unacceptableampquot. (BBC)
- Irish Taoiseach Brian Cowen asks that the Israeli government exercise ampquotabsolute restraintampquot in relation to its dealings with Irish citizens captured in the raid. (RTÉ)
- Cumbria shootings:
- At least 12 people are killed and 25 injured during shootings carried out by a taxi driver in the Whitehaven, Egremont and Seascale areas of west Cumbria, England. He is found dead, an apparent suicide, in Boot. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- It is confirmed as the worst incident of this kind in the UK since the 1996 Dunblane massacre. (Xinhua)
- ITV's scheduled broadcast of the television series ''Coronation Street'', which was to mirror events in Cumbria, is cancelled and replaced with ''TV Burp''. (''Daily Mail'')
- Stage and screen actor Sir Patrick Stewart, known for his role in ''Star Trek'', is knighted by the Queen at Buckingham Palace in England. (''The Boston Globe'')
- The BBC announces that ''Last of the Summer Wine'', the world's longest-running sitcom, is to be axed after 37 years. (The Press Association)
- The Government of Kenya announces that 2.3 million bags of maize are unfit for human consumption due to contamination with high levels of aflatoxins, which have killed at least one child. (BBC)
- 15 people die after a minibus drives off a cliff in the Philippines. (''Hindustan Times'')
- 14 people are killed and injuries are caused when a four-storey building collapses in Tejgaon, Dhaka. (BBC)
- 3 people are killed and 6 wounded when a leftover bomb from World War II explodes while being defused in Göttingen, Lower Saxony. (''The Times of India'')
- A heatwave strikes India and South Asia, reaching 53C (127F) and killing many hundreds of people. (Guardian)
- President of South Africa Jacob Zuma goes to India on his first state visit to Asia, launching a bilateral trade forum in Mumbai. (BBC)
- Amnesty International condemns Sunday's execution, in Tripoli and Benghazi, Libya, of 18 people, some of whom were from Chad, Egypt and Nigeria. (BBC)
- Archbishop of Freiburg (Germany) Robert Zollitsch is charged with ampquotaiding and abetting child sex abuseampquot, though the archdiocese rejects the charges and coverage of them as ampquotabsolutely weakampquot and ampquotsensationalistampquot. (''Houston Chronicle'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Gitana - Shakira
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Sick Puppies - Odd One
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Prolia is meant to help prevent fractures in postmenopausal women. [..]
The wrangling over the price for the company’s Asian insurance unit confirms something that its prospective buyer should have known all along. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.82
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $70.34
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.47
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.16
- 1 CHF = 5.9159 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.578 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.1122 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.753 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?