Tuesday 22 June 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 22, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Third Star, directed by Hattie Dalton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Drive or DJ Hero 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 22 June 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 June
- At least 60 people are killed and hundreds disappear after a derailed train plunges into a ravine in the Republic of the Congo. The accident happened after the train left the coastal town of Pointe-Noire on the Chemin de Fer Congo Ocean (CFCO) line to the capital Brazzaville. (Sky News)
- The death toll from floods and mudslides reaches at least 31 people in Alagoas and Pernambuco in northeastern Brazil. (CBS)
- Red Sea oil spill disaster:
- Environmentalists said that an oil spill near Hurghada Egypt in the Red Sea is continuing even after the government said it had been contained, leaving turtles and sea birds covered in oil. (The Associated Press)
- The death toll from unrest in southern Kyrgyzstan riots reaches 251. (itar-tass)
- War crimes charges are formally requested against 12 Belgian government officials and military officers in connection with the assassination of Congo's first democratically elected prime minister, Patrice Lumumba, as historians agree on a high-level Belgian conspiracy, with Western-backed dictator Mobutu Sese Seko succeeding Lumumba until he was overthrown in 1997. (''Taiwan News'')
- The United States investigates itself to see if it is accidentally financing the Taliban in Afghanistan with $4 million per week in U.S. taxpayers' money. (CNN)
- Israel asks the United Nations to suspend attempts to organise an international inquiry into the Gaza flotilla raid, with Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak saying ampquotsome organisation, probably backed by a terror organisation, (is) once again trying to send a vessel into Gaza.ampquot (BBC)
- General Stanley A. McChrystal, the top United States commander in Afghanistan, apologises for an article in ''Rolling Stone'' magazine in which he criticised senior members of the Obama administration. McChrystal is later summoned to Washington, D.C. for talks with Obama. (BBC)
- Christopher Coke walks into a police station on the outskirts of Kingston, Jamaica and is detained, following search efforts which killed more than 70 people last month. The United States accuses him of being the Shower Posse leader, which it alleges operates an international drugs and guns network. (BBC)
- An expert panel is appointed by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to investigate whether war crimes were committed during the final stages of the Sri Lankan Civil War. (BBC)
- During a two-day visit to Ghana, President of Angola José Eduardo dos Santos visits Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park in Accra among other engagements. (Angola Press)
- Five people are killed and 12 injured in a bus bomb in Istanbul, Turkey. Kurdish rebels later claim responsibility for the attack. (Xinhua)
- Two rival Nigerian lawmakers in the National Assembly are injured, with one sustaining a broken arm. (BBC)
- The American Samoa Constitutional Convention, the first to be held since 1986, opens in Pago Pago. (Radio New Zealand International)
- United States federal judge Martin Leach-Cross Feldman issues a preliminary injunction blocking a six month moratorium on deep water offshore drilling. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- In the United Kingdom, Chancellor George Osborne presents the coalition government's emergency budget statement to the House of Commons. (BBC)
- Nikki Haley wins the Republican Party primary to be the Republican candidate in the South Carolina gubernatorial election in the United States. (''Washington Post'')
- One person is killed and 10 injured after a former worker at a Mazda factory in Japan drives his car at colleagues. (AFP)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Over - Drake
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Everything To Me - Monica
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Gitana - Shakira
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Phoenix - 1901
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Savior - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Muse - Uprising
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Kenneth W. Freeman, an executive at Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, is leaving buyouts for books as he prepares to become the next dean of Boston University’s School of Management. [..]
Andreessen Horowitz, the venture capital firm that was started just one year ago, has already made a name for itself in Silicon Valley and is building a new kind of venture capital firm in the process, Claire Cain Miller at Bits reports. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.93
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $76.76
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.30
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.52
- 1 CHF = 6.1494 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6198 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0763 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.933 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?