Tuesday 29 June 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghostbreakers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter or Darkstar: The Interactive Movie.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 June 2010 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 June
- The S&P 500 stock market index drops to its lowest level in eight months, 1050.47. The Dow Jones industrial average loses 268.22 points, or 2.65 percent, to 9,870.30. The Nasdaq Composite Index drops 85.47 points, or 3.85 percent, to 2,135.18.
- Presidential transition of Noynoy Aquino:
- Aftermath of the Gaza flotilla clash
- Turkey says it will return an ambassador to Israel if the Israeli government formally apologizes for the killing of nine Turkish citizens during the Gaza flotilla raid, compensates their families and when an independent commission is established into the matter. (''The New York Times'')
- Egyptian border guards fatally shoot an Eritrean woman in the stomach and leg as she tries to cross the border illegally into Israel. (BBC)
- Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman promises no Palestinian state before 2012 after meeting Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. (Reuters)
- United Nations special rapporteur on human rights in Palestinian territories occupied by Israel since 1967, Richard A. Falk, issues a statement calling Israel's plan to demolish 20 Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem illegal and states the forceful transfer of four Palestinians in another incident could be a ampquotwar crimeampquot. (''The Vancouver Sun'')
- An international youth charity finds that children in the West Bank live in significantly worse conditions than children in Gaza. (Aljazeera)
- United States
- The Supreme Court rules that Nigerian families can sue drug company Pfizer for using a deadly antibiotic on their children. (BBC)
- General Stanley A. McChrystal, who led the United States in its war on Afghanistan until last week, announces his retirement. (BBC)
- One of the ten people arrested in the United States for involvement in an alleged Russian spy ring is said to have used a false Irish passport, the second time this has happened recently and following the expulsion of an Israeli Dublin embassy official in protest over a similar misuse. (RTÉ)
- Prime Minister of Kenya Raila Odinga undergoes brain surgery in Nairobi. (''Times LIVE'')
- Rescuers in Ghana's Central Region end an operation to search for survivors from a gold mine collapse in which 70 people were thought to be dead. (BBC)
- China states it can have Tibet ampquotforeverampquot but indicates a heavy security presence will be necessary to maintain public control. (Reuters)
- Google ends a redirect to its Hong Kong site in China and provides a new method of reaching unfiltered results after the Chinese government threatened to end its Internet Content Provider license. (AFP)
- One body is recovered after 107 people were buried by a landslide triggered by flooding in the southwestern province of Guizhou. (''Xinhua'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 June 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?