Tuesday 29 June 2010US date format: 6/29/2010, UK date format: 29/6/2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 29, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Inception, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Twisted.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing SpongeBob's Boating Bash or Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 June 2010 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 June
- The S&P 500 stock market index drops to its lowest level in eight months, 1050.47. The Dow Jones industrial average loses 268.22 points, or 2.65 percent, to 9,870.30. The Nasdaq Composite Index drops 85.47 points, or 3.85 percent, to 2,135.18.
- Presidential transition of Noynoy Aquino:
- Aftermath of the Gaza flotilla clash
- Turkey says it will return an ambassador to Israel if the Israeli government formally apologizes for the killing of nine Turkish citizens during the Gaza flotilla raid, compensates their families and when an independent commission is established into the matter. (''The New York Times'')
- Egyptian border guards fatally shoot an Eritrean woman in the stomach and leg as she tries to cross the border illegally into Israel. (BBC)
- Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman promises no Palestinian state before 2012 after meeting Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. (Reuters)
- United Nations special rapporteur on human rights in Palestinian territories occupied by Israel since 1967, Richard A. Falk, issues a statement calling Israel's plan to demolish 20 Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem illegal and states the forceful transfer of four Palestinians in another incident could be a ampquotwar crimeampquot. (''The Vancouver Sun'')
- An international youth charity finds that children in the West Bank live in significantly worse conditions than children in Gaza. (Aljazeera)
- United States
- The Supreme Court rules that Nigerian families can sue drug company Pfizer for using a deadly antibiotic on their children. (BBC)
- General Stanley A. McChrystal, who led the United States in its war on Afghanistan until last week, announces his retirement. (BBC)
- One of the ten people arrested in the United States for involvement in an alleged Russian spy ring is said to have used a false Irish passport, the second time this has happened recently and following the expulsion of an Israeli Dublin embassy official in protest over a similar misuse. (RTÉ)
- Prime Minister of Kenya Raila Odinga undergoes brain surgery in Nairobi. (''Times LIVE'')
- Rescuers in Ghana's Central Region end an operation to search for survivors from a gold mine collapse in which 70 people were thought to be dead. (BBC)
- China states it can have Tibet ampquotforeverampquot but indicates a heavy security presence will be necessary to maintain public control. (Reuters)
- Google ends a redirect to its Hong Kong site in China and provides a new method of reaching unfiltered results after the Chinese government threatened to end its Internet Content Provider license. (AFP)
- One body is recovered after 107 people were buried by a landslide triggered by flooding in the southwestern province of Guizhou. (''Xinhua'')
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2010?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Over - Drake
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Savior - Rise Against
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Phoenix - 1901
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Muse - Resistance
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Congressional negotiators voted down a tax on big banks, instead adopting a new plan to pay the legislation’s cost. [..]
Senator Scott Brown, Republican of Massachusetts, has again declared his opposition to the financial overhaul bill because of a tax it would impose on large financial institutions to cover billions of dollars in costs, Bloomberg Television reported on Tuesday. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.40
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $71.77
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.09
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.35
- 1 CHF = 6.2806 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.444 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0255 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.768 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?