Friday 4 June 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 4, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Toy Story 3, directed by Lee Unkrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while A Secret Affair by Mary Balogh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat: Joint Assault or Clash of the Titans.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 4 June 2010 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 June
- John Wooden: Basketball coach (UCLA-10 national championships).
- California firm SpaceX launches the Falcon 9 rocket on its maiden test flight from Cape Canaveral, Florida. The rocket successfully achieves Earth orbit.
- Gaza flotilla raid:
- Anti-Israel protests take place outside the Israeli embassy in Dublin, Ireland, and outside the US embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (''Malaysia Star'')
- Prime Minister of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdoğan gives a televised speech in which he states that he does not view Hamas as a terrorist organization, but as ampquotresistance fighters who are struggling to defend their landampquot. Thousands of people rally at a memorial service in Istanbul for one of those killed in the raid. (BBC)
- Another Irish ship, the 1,200-ton MV ''Rachel Corrie, is headed to Gaza, but Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says that Israel will not allow it to dock in Gaza. (AP)
- The pro-government militia group of Ahlu Sunnah Waljama (ASW) in Somalia claims to have killed at least 91 Islamist fighters and wounded 170 others in Thursday's fierce clashes. (China.org)
- Cumbria shootings:
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron visits Cumbria. (CBC)
- The BBC issues an apology after receiving dozens of complaints over the content of its Radio 4 play ''Six Impossible Things'', which featured the antics of a gunman. (Digital Spy)
- ITV postpones a third consecutive episode of its ongoing ''Coronation Street'' storyline, ampquotSiege Weekampquot, due to the Cumbria shootings, while Sunday's omnibus is replaced by the film ''Pollyanna''. (Digital Spy)
- McDonalds recalls 12 million promotional glasses for the movie ''Shrek Forever After'' due to the presence of cadmium in the painted design. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- 163 people die from lead poisoning in Zamfara State, Nigeria: confirmed cases being treated number 355. (Reuters)
- The death toll rises to 109 following a fire in the centre of Dhaka, Bangladesh. At least 50 injured victims struggle for life at the state-run Dhaka Medical College Hospital. (''The Times of India'')
- Seven Italian officials are investigated for manslaughter relating to the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake. (''The Independent'')
- Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon requests an independent investigation in into the death of human rights activist Floribert Chebeya in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and promises to help in any way he can. (''People's Daily Online'')
- ''BMJ'' finds scientists behind World Health Organization advice on stockpiling of pandemic flu drugs had financial ties with companies which stood to profit. (BBC)
- Joran van der Sloot, a suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, is extradited from Chile to Peru to face charges in the killing of a Peruvian woman. (America Online)
- A Joint Base Lewis-McChord United States Army soldier is charged with three counts of premeditated murder in connection with the deaths of three Afghan civilians. (KIRO TV)
- French Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux is convicted of racism. (''Financial Times'')
- Belgian police arrest a man suspected of yesterday's fatal shooting of a magistrate and a clerk at a Brussels court. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Gitana - Shakira
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Sick Puppies - Odd One
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Rabobank said Friday that it had signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate with Agricultural Bank of China, the state-run lender poised to go public in what it hopes will be a $30 billion I.P.O. [..]
Ben S. Bernanke said that banks needed to increase lending to small businesses to reduce unemployment and help the economic recovery. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.11
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $71.83
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.62
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.69
- 1 CHF = 5.8745 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.426 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0931 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.623 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?