Thursday 17 June 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cristiano Ronaldo Junior and Cristiano Ronaldo.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Elena Undone, directed by Nicole Conn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crackdown 2 or Dogfight 1951.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2010 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
Famous Birthdays:17 June
- K S Rajah: Singaporean jurist (Born 1930).
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster:
- The United States issues a travel warning for Toronto due to an upcoming G20 summit. (The Star)
- Heavy rains claim 46 lives in Maharashtra, India. (Hindustan Times)
- At least 46 people are killed, 50 others disappear and millions are affected following heavy five-day rains in China's southern regions. (''The Hindu'')
- 46 people die when heavy rains trigger landslides in western Myanmar, in Rakhine state in an area bordering Bangladesh. (CNN)
- Dutch novelist Gerbrand Bakker wins the 2010 International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award for his novel ''The Twin''. (''The Irish Times'')
- 16 people are killed and around 70 others are trapped after a blast at the San Fernando mine in Amagá, Antioquia, in Colombia. (China Dialy)
- 3 people died after supports collapsed on them at a coal mine in east China's Anhui Province, a spokesman with the Anhui Huainan Mining Group in Bagongshan District of Huainan City. (People Dialy)
- As many as 1,800 homes are estimated to have been destroyed on Biak Island, West Papua, Indonesia, as a result of the 7.0 magnitude 2010 Papua earthquake. (AsiaNews.it)
- BP Chief Executive Tony Hayward testifies before the U.S. Congress, apologizing for the spill but avoiding answering most questions and stating that he was unaware of the risks at the Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded in April causing the oil spill. (Miami Herald)
- BP could be forced to file for bankruptcy protection in preparation for civil and criminal fines exceeding $US 40 billion. (''The Australian'')
- 2010 Kyrgyzstan crisis and 2010 South Kyrgyzstan riots:
- Around 2,000 people mass in Osh Airport.
- China flies 960 nationals home from Kyrgyzstan evacuation continues. (Kabar)
- Kyrgyzstan unrest death toll rises to 192. 913 people were hospitalized. (ITAR)
- Kyrgyz Central Election Commission accredits Kazakh CEC Chair and his assistant to observe constitutional referendum.
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Israel's decision to ease the Gaza blockade is welcomed by the United Nations and the United States Gaza's Hamas rulers say this is propaganda by Israel. (''The Hindu'')
- FIFA World Cup:
- Turkish warplanes carry out a series of airstrikes against suspected Kurdish targets in Iraq and Turkish soldiers withdraw from Iraqi territory after sending troops in pursuit of Kurdish rebels in the latest fighting between Turkey and Kurdish rebels. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Over - Drake
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Everything To Me - Monica
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Gitana - Shakira
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos) - Voz de Mando
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Bloomberg continues to poach top-tier talent from rival news organizations, announcing that it has hired a top executive from Fortune as publisher of Bloomberg Businessweek. [..]
A recovery in Australian buyouts may be curtailed as private-equity firms with as much as $6.9 billion of cash to spend grapple with reluctant sellers and scarce credit, Bloomberg News reported. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.02
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $75.85
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.65
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.19
- 1 CHF = 6.1374 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6475 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0821 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.922 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?