Monday 21 June 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 21, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Third Star, directed by Hattie Dalton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlefield Online or Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 21 June 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 June
- Mara gang members in El Salvador attack a bus on the outskirts of San Salvador, shooting at it before dousing it with gasoline and lighting it on fire, killing 14 and injuring 16. Gang members open fire on another bus shortly afterward, killing another 2 people. (Aljazeera)
- Iraq's electricity minister Karim Waheed offers his resignation on live television as ampquotIraqis are not capable of being patient in their sufferingampquot. Two people are shot dead by armed forces while protesting over lack of electricity generation blamed by Waheed on lack of funding. (BBC)
- The death toll in Colombia's mine blast reaches 70, as 4 more charred corpses are retrieved. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At least 46 people are killed and dozens more trapped after a mine blast in Henan, central China. (''China Daily'')
- Major aid agencies Oxfam and Save the Children both launch $10 million (£6.7 million) appeals for Niger where drought is common at the moment and half the country has no food. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Gazprom, Russia's state-controlled gas monopoly, cuts 15% of Belarus' gas supplies over alleged debt, and threatens to gradually cut up to 85% of Belarus' gas supplies if the debt remains unpaid. (BBC)
- Juan Manuel Santos wins convincingly in the final round of the Colombian presidential election. (BBC)
- Bronisław Komorowski and Jarosław Kaczyński face each other on 4 July after Sunday's inconclusive vote in Polish presidential election, 2010. (Aljazeera)
- An American man pleads guilty to charges of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction in the 2010 Times Square car bombing attempt. (AP via Google News)
- Search teams find the wreckage of a CASA C-212 Aviocar private plane carrying senior Australian mining executives including Ken Talbot in the jungle of the Republic of the Congo. (Reuters via News Daily)
- Iran bans two International Atomic Energy Agency weapons inspectors from entering the country claiming they had leaked false information about Iran's nuclear program. (Sky News)
- Chinese Vice-President Xi Jinping meets with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd on an official trip to Canberra. The two countries sign agreements valued at over A$10 billion. (The Australian)
- 8 people die and 10 people are wounded in a suicide attack in the northern city of Shirqat of Iraq. (TRT)
- ''The Washington Post'' reports that Gizab villagers in Afghanistan overturned their local Taliban movement during April, with some members putting down their weapons and being welcomed back into their local community. The United States did not hear of this before now as it happened in a remote part of the country ignored by the military. (''The Washington Post'')
- Three Australian soldiers and a United States army soldier are killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan with nine NATO casualties overall. (AFP via Google News)
- The northernmost radiation detection station of the South Korean Institute of Nuclear Safety claims to have detected an eightfold increase in the radioactive substance xenon. (''Chosun Ilbo'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- Mayor of Jerusalem Nir Barkat calls for the demolition of 22 Palestinian homes in the Silwan neighbourhood of East Jerusalem. Barkat wants to build a tourist centre, while Palestinians say it is ampquotforced displacementampquot. Members of Israel's Meretz say they will resign their city council seats in protest. (Ynetnews)
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) calls for Israel's blockade on Gaza to be fully lifted. (Reuters)
- The ''Fund for Peace and Foreign Policy Magazine'' releases its 2010 index of so-called ampquotfailed statesampquot, ranking 177 countries by what it sees as those most at risk of failure ''Foreign Policy'' claims state failure ampquotis a chronic conditionampquot. (Aljazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Over - Drake
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled Featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Everything To Me - Monica
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Gitana - Shakira
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Phoenix - 1901
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Savior - Rise Against
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Muse - Uprising
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The actor Dean Winters is portraying Mayhem, personifying the dangers drivers face every day. [..]
Lucian A. Bebchuk, a Harvard law professor, argues that Congress should reject attempts to impose severe limits on the ability of shareholders to place director candidates on the corporate ballot. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.16
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $77.26
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $70.34
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.37
- 1 CHF = 6.1149 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.632 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0858 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.954 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?