Monday 2 May 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 2, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Midnight in Paris, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Bossypants by Tina Fe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Catherine or Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 May 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 2011 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 May
- Osama Bin Laden, the suspected mastermind behind the September 11 attacks and the FBI's most wanted man, is killed by US Special Forces.
- Reaction to the death of Osama bin Laden:
- Bin Laden's body, which was handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, is buried by the U.S. forces at sea less than a day after his death, thus preventing a burial site from becoming a ampquotterrorist shrineampquot. (abcnews)
- Most international leaders respond positively to the news. (Sky News)
- NATO head Anders Fogh Rasmussen says bin Laden's death is a “success” for security and that NATO should continue its mission in Afghanistan to ensure it ampquotnever again becomes a safe haven for extremism.ampquot (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari says that Iraq is ampquotdelightedampquot by the news, noting that thousands of Iraqis had died ampquotbecause of his ideologiesampquot. (AFP)
- Newspapers carry it on their front pages. (BBC)
- Syrian uprising:
- Hundreds of dissidents have been arrested across Syria, including in the town of Daraa and a Damascus suburb, after dozens were killed in weekend protests, activists say. (''The Australian'')
- The UN Security Council fails to agree a statement to condemn the killing of Syrian protesters, as Russia and China block a statement proposed by Britain, France, Germany and Portugal that would have condemned the violence, which has led to hundreds of dead, and backed calls for an independent investigation. (''Herald Sun'')
- The Iranian foreign minister Ali Akbar Salehi, speaking at a news conference in Doha, demands that Syria's government investigates last Friday's disppearance of journalist Dorothy Parvaz. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Bahraini protests: Bahrain arrests two senior members of the Opposition Al Wefaq party, Jawad Ferooz and Mattar Ibrahim Mattar. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi continue to attack the city of Misrata. (News 24)
- The United Nations withdraws all of its international staff from the capital Tripoli. (Al Jazeera)
- Almost $1 billion linked to besieged Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and overthrown Egyptian and Tunisian leaders Hosni Mubarak and Zine El Abidine Ben Ali are found in Switzerland. Mubarak had previously denied having wealth in foreign bank accounts. (Al Jazeera)
- The Taliban sends a 12-year-old boy as a suicide bomber in a new wave of attacks that kills four civilians, in one of several attacks across Afghanistan that kills at least seven people. (''The Australian'')
- Thousands of Sri Lankans protest against a United Nations report calling for both sides involved in the civil war to be investigated for possible war crimes. (Angola Press)
- The Australian dollar reaches $1.10 in United States dollars, its highest level since the Australian dollar was floated in 1983. (''The Australian'')
- Sony advises that hackers may have stolen personal details of 24.6 million users of Sony Online Entertainment resulting in the site closing. (Business Insider'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 May 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Lazio - Juventus : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Augsburg : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Ath Bilbao : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Le Mans : 3 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Contestame El Telefono - Alexis & Fido Featuring Flex
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Habitacion 69 - Banda Los Recoditos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.07
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $103.83
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $90.03
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.69
- 1 CHF = 7.505 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8286 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9092 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.104 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?