Tuesday 17 May 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
X-Men: First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Division.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Pixel Racing or Dance Central 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 May 2011 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 May
- Queen Elizabeth II's historic first visit to the Republic of Ireland. The first visit of a British monarch to Ireland since the visit of George V and Queen Mary in 1911.
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- A NATO airstrike on the Libyan capital Tripoli damages two government buildings. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The Libyan oil minister, Shukri Ghanem, reportedly defects to Tunisia. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian uprising: At least one mass grave is reported to have been discovered in the city of Daraa the government denies it exists. (BBC)
- NATO invasion of Pakistani airspace:
- A NATO helicopter based in Afghanistan intrudes into North Waziristan in Pakistan and fires at a Pakistan Army checkpoint, wounding two soldiers. (Reuters)
- The U.S. killing of Osama Bin Laden may act as a precedent for ampquottargeted killings,ampquot according to a report prepared by the library of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom. (BBC)
- A ampquotstate of siegeampquot is declared in northern Guatemala after a massacre is committed by The ampquotZetasampquot Drug Cartel. (AFP via Google News)
- The final episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show is recorded in the US city of Chicago. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- The publisher Condé Nast agrees to be the anchor tenant at One World Trade Center, the largest building of the World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan, and prospectively the tallest building in the United States. (''New York Times'')
- Fukushima I nuclear accidents:
- Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) announces new plans to tackle the ongoing Fukushima I nuclear crisis, after it is discovered that the problems with the number 1 reactor at the Fukushima I plant are worse than thought. (Nikkei)
- TEPCO will also start pumping water from the flooded number 3 reactor. (''Japan Times'')
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, calls for transparent release of nuclear safety information. (Yonhap)
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan Yusuf Raza Gilani commences a state visit to the People's Republic of China. (Reuters)
- A suspect package is found in Dublin ahead of the Queen's visit. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Israel reopens its embassy in Cairo a day after it was closed following the 2011 Nakba Day protests. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- The Government of Canada expels five diplomats from the Libyan embassy in Ottawa. (''Montreal Gazette'')
- Burma begins to release thousands of prisoners in a general amnesty, though few political prisoners are released. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 May 2011
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man City - Stoke : 3 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Finance ministers approved a bailout for Portugal and debated new aid to debt-strapped Greece, with a deputy sitting in for Dominique Strauss-Kahn. [..]
In announcing their lineups for the fall and beyond, the NBC and Fox networks almost mimic each other with singing competitions. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.56
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $100.52
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $88.61
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $37.57
- 1 CHF = 7.3892 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6926 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9055 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.911 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?