Sunday 29 May 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Rolling In The Deep by Adele.
X-Men: First Class, directed by Matthew Vaughn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while In The Garden Of Beasts by Erik Larson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Último a Sair.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Minecraft or Child of Eden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 May 2011 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 May
- NATO killing of civilians in Afghanistan:
- NATO kills 14 civilians, 12 children and 2 women, with an airstrike on homes in Helmand Province. (Al Jazeera)
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai issues a ampquotlast warningampquot to the United States and NATO after yet another raid kills 14 more civilians. (BBC)
- U.S. defense contractor Lockheed Martin, the largest military contractor in the world, is targeted by a ampquotsignificant and tenaciousampquot cyber attack. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Yemeni uprising:
- Three French foreign aid workers disappear in Yemen's Hadramout province. (TV New Zealand)
- Reports from the coastal town of Zinjibar claim that al-Qaeda gunmen have captured the town. (''The Telegraph'')
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The regime's forces attack the towns of Rastan and Talbisa, located north of Damascus, storming houses and using tanks and helicopters to cut the towns off from the outside world. (BBC)
- Students and pro-democracy demonstrators are attacked by the government, killing at least two. (Al Jazeera)
- A bomb blast in the Nigerian city of Bauchi kills 12 people and injures 25. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa issue a joint statement criticising Europe's 66-year stranglehold on the leadership of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), calling it ampquotobsoleteampquot and requesting that developing nations be given a chance. (Al Jazeera)
- US hip-hop singer Sean Kingston is rushed to hospital after crashing his jet-ski into a Miami Beach bridge. (''Miami Herald'')
- 3 Greenpeace activists successfully evade a Danish warship to scale an oil rig off the coast of Greenland, attempting to begin deepwater drilling in the arctic. (''Irish Independent'')
- Dennis Daugaard, the Governor of the US state of South Dakota, warns residents living south of the state capital of Pierre to prepare evacuation plans ahead of likely flooding of the Missouri River. (AP via MSNBC)
- Storms in the US state of Michigan lead to the loss of power to 100,000 houses. (''Detroit Free Press'')
- Ferenc Mádl, the President of Hungary (2000-2005), dies in Budapest. (Index.hu)
- Sergei Bagapsh, the President of the breakaway Georgian province of Abkhazia, dies from complications of lung surgery in Moscow. (BBC)
- Goodluck Jonathan is sworn in as President of Nigeria at a ceremony attended by foreign heads of state in Abuja. (Reuters)
- Malta legalises divorce, becoming the last European Union country to do so. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 May 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alcorcon - Betis : 3 - 3
- Barcelona B - Salamanca : 5 - 1
- Cartagena - Vallecano : 2 - 4
- Cordoba - Las Palmas : 2 - 0
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Arles - Sochaux : 1 - 3
- Bordeaux - Montpellier : 2 - 0
- Brest - Toulouse : 0 - 2
- Caen - Marseille : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Siena : 1 - 0
- Ascoli - Triestina : 3 - 0
- Cittadella - Pescara : 3 - 2
- Grosseto - Atalanta : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?