Sunday 15 May 2011US date format: 5/15/2011, UK date format: 15/5/2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while She Walks In Beauty by Caroline Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Café 0: The Drowned Mermaid or Bag It!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 15 May 2011 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 May
- 2011 Bahraini uprising:
- Saudi armored vehicles roll into the city of Sitra as fresh video footage of atrocities committed by Saudi-backed Bahraini forces surface. (Press TV)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- Muslim mobs attack Christian protesters calling for the Egyptian government to take action to reduce religious tensions in Cairo 65 people are injured. (BBC)
- Suzanne Mubarak, wife of ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, is expected to undergo open-heart surgery following a heart attack after being questioned in a corruption investigation. (CNN)
- An explosion occurs near the tomb of a prominent Muslim Sheikh. (Reuters)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- A truck plows through traffic and pedestrians in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv, killing one person and injuring 16 in what is believed to be a terrorist attack, as Palestinians mark Nakba Day. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- More than 1,000 Palestinians march on the Erez border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Israel at least 60 Palestinians are injured after troops open fire to stop them from crossing. (''The Australian'')
- Egyptian police fire teargas at protesters trying to storm the Israeli embassy. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 15 people are reportedly killed in the Nakba demonstrations. (CBS News)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- The United Nations envoy to Libya, Abdul Ilah Khatib, arrives in Tripoli to try to negotiate a cease-fire between Muammar Gaddafi's forces and rebel fighters. (CNN)
- 2011 Moroccan protests:
- Police use truncheons to break up an opposition protest in the capital Rabat, injuring several people. (AFP via Google News)
- Syrian uprising:
- Syrian forces shell villages near the Lebanese border, and heavy gunfire is heard in Talkalakh, with reports of 8 people having died, in the latest phase of a crackdown by Syrian forces on protesters demonstrating against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad. Lebanon tries to seal the border after hundreds flee from Syrian troops and a wounded Syrian woman dies of her injuries after entering Lebanon. (CNN)
- Women protesters are targeted as thousands of protesters take to the streets in cities across the country for a ampquotFriday of Free Womenampquot protest, in solidarity with those killed or imprisoned in the eight-week uprising. (''The Australian'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Gunmen open fire on two soldiers in southern Yemen, killing one. (AP via Google News)
Sport Games on 15 May 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Lecce : 0 - 2
- Catania - Roma : 2 - 1
- Cesena - Brescia : 1 - 0
- Chievo - Udinese : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Bielefeld : 1 - 1
- Bochum - Duisburg : 3 - 1
- Cottbus - Oberhausen : 3 - 1
- Frankfurt FSV - Erzgebirge Aue : 0 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Mallorca : 3 - 1
- Ath Bilbao - Malaga : 1 - 1
- Ath Madrid - Hercules : 2 - 1
- Barcelona - La Coruna : 0 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alcorcon - Granada : 2 - 0
- Barcelona B - Las Palmas : 3 - 5
- Cartagena - Girona : 1 - 0
- Celta - Vallecano : 0 - 0
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Contestame El Telefono - Alexis & Fido Featuring Flex
- Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Ludacris & DJ Frank E
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The major credit bureaus keep a V.I.P. list of boldface names, consumer lawyers say, and those people get special help in fixing mistakes on their credit reports. [..]
The Drudge Report, outgrowing its roots in the Lewinsky scandal, is responsible for a surprisingly large portion of the hits at mainstream news sites like WashingtonPost.com. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?