Monday 9 May 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Kaboom! by Darell Hammond was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cubixx HD or Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 2011 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- Wouter Weylandt: Belgian cyclist (Born 1984).
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Heavy shooting is heard in a western suburb of Damascus as the Syrian Army advances against anti-government protesters. (BBC)
- In the wake of the 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights states that mass graves containing 68 bodies have been found in the Ivorian city of Abidjan. (UPI)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev presides over the Victory Day Parade on Moscow's Red Square. (Wikimedia Photos)
- World War II veterans and the Russian consul general are attacked by members of the Ukrainian ultranationalist party ampquotSvobodaampquot in Lviv, Ukraine. (RT)
- Ali Gomaa, the Islamic Grand Mufti of Egypt, warns of the potential of civil war because of ampquotoutlaws who want to defy the authority of the stateampquot. (Al Arabiya and AFP)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Five explosions rock Tripoli in Libya following the heaviest NATO bombing offensive in a week. (Sky News)
- China's yuan reaches a record level against the United States dollar. (Market Watch)
- Chubu Electric Power considers a call by the Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan to close down the Hamaoka Nuclear Power Plant due to its vulnerability to a large earthquake. (Reuters)
- Values in the United States housing market decline by 1.1% for March and 3% in the March quarter, the heaviest fall since late 2008, with values falling for 57 months in a row since the United States housing bubble burst in 2007. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Qantas flights face disruptions as 1600 aircraft maintenance engineers announce plans to go on strike. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Officials in the European Union acknowledge that Greece will need a second bailout program soon, and American ratings agency Standard Poor's downgrades Greek bonds to junk status. (Reuters)
- At least 36 people are killed after several boats capsize during a storm on Lake Togo in southeastern Togo. (Reuters)
- More than 20 quarry workers are buried by a landslide in Luojiang near the Chinese resort city of Guilin. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Floods in Mississippi worsen, with the Army Corps of Engineers saying an area between Simmesport, Louisiana and Baton Rouge may be inundated under 20-30 feet of water. ''(CBS News)''
- A province-wide state of emergency is declared for Manitoba in the wake of hundred-year floods on the Assiniboine River and Red River of the North near Brandon. (''CJOB 68'')
- Death of Osama bin Laden
- Gilani also launches an investigation into how bin Laden was able to live in Abbottabad undetected for so long. (BBC)
- Indonesia drops some of the key terrorism charges against radical cleric Abu Bakar Bashir, meaning that it is unlikely that he will receive the death penalty. (AFP via Channel News Asia)
- A Twitter user tries to unmask some celebrities who have obtained super-injunctions to prevent publication of details of their private lives. (Twitter)
- Accused drug lord Walid Makled Garcia is extradited from Colombia to Venezuela. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 May 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Juventus - Chievo : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Laval - Evian Thonon Gaillard : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Fulham - Liverpool : 2 - 5
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Galatasaray - Kasimpasa : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Contestame El Telefono - Alexis & Fido Featuring Flex
- Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Ludacris & DJ Frank E
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
While other nations have debated aspects of climate change, China has plunged into production at an unrivaled pace, according to a report by the World Wildlife Fund for Nature. [..]
To stay competitive, relatively small cable channels that once relied on reality shows and repeats of others’ scripted programs are now showing original comedies and dramas. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.88
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.19
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $88.88
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.79
- 1 CHF = 7.4445 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7402 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.905 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.005 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?