Monday 2 August 1943US date format: 8/2/1943, UK date format: 2/8/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Dhellemme and Kathy Lennon.
Silver Spurs, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1943 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Bernard Dhellemme: French pilot, the Commander of the Air-France Airbus A320 that was taken by four terrorists on 12/24/1995, Algiers.
- Kathy Lennon
- Herbert Allison: American lieutenant and businessman (d. 2013).
- Tom Burgmeier: American baseball player and coach.
- Jon Cavaiani: English-American sergeant Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2014).
- Jed S. Rakoff: Judge.
- Rose Tremain: British Novelist / playwright (Restoration).
- Max Wright: Detroit, Michigan -- Actor (Buffalo Bill, Alf, Misfits of Science).
- Julia Foster: English actress.
- Jeltje van Nieuwenhoven: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Zelo Bloch: Polish? Treblinka-rebel, shot to death.
- Armed revolt breaks out in Treblinka
- RAF bombs Hamburg
- Sunderland seaplanes sinks U-706 and U-106
- Uprising at Treblinka Concentration Camp (crematorium destroyed)
- Rebellion in the Nazi death camp of Treblinka.
- World War II: the Motor Torpedo Boat PT-109 is rammed by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri and sinks. Lt. John F. Kennedy, future U.S. President, saves all but two of his crew.