Tuesday 2 September 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hayley Noelle .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Casper's Scare School or D1GP Arcade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 September 2008 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Bill Melendez: Mexican-American voice actor animator director and producer (d. 2008).
- Political crisis in Thailand: Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej of Thailand declares a state of emergency in Bangkok.
- Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani of Pakistan survives an assassination attempt near Islamabad, while on his way to meet British Leader of the Opposition David Cameron.
- President's Dimitris Christofias and Mehmet Ali Talat hold peace talks in Nicosia, aimed at reunifying Cyprus.
- New study shows that children of older fathers are at higher risk of psychological conditions such as bipolar disorder, autism and schizophrenia. (Reuters)
- A gunman goes on a shooting spree that leaves 6 people, including a police deputy, dead, and four injured, in Alger, Washington, United States. (CBS News)
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency vetoes plans by the Army Corps of Engineers to build the world's largest water pump on the Mississippi River Delta raising concerns about the impact on wetlands. (AP via ''Minneapolis StarTribune'')
- 2008 Atlantic hurricane season:
- Hurricane Gustav weakens to a tropical depression. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Republican Party adopts a platform at its national convention that is critical of George W. Bush and John McCain for their support of government bailouts of companies. (Bloomberg)
- 2008 Thai political crisis:
- Thai Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej declares a state of emergency in Bangkok after clashes between groups of pro- and anti-government protesters resulted in one death and 43 injuries. (BBC News)
- Anupong Paochinda, the Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, states that the Army ampquotwill not use forceampquot in enforcing the state of emergency. (AP via Google News)
- A memorial service is held for the 229 victims of Swissair Flight 111, with some present complaining about a perceived lack of action by the authorities to prevent future disasters. (Canadian Press) (Wikinews)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?