Monday 8 September 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beat'n Groovy or Buzz!: The Pop Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 September 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 September
- The Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola wins the 2008 legislative election. (Reuters via ''The New York Times'')
- Washington Mutual, the largest savings and loan in the United States, ousts Chief Executive Kerry Killinger as a result of losses incurred as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis. (''The New York Times'')
- A landslide triggered by heavy rain strikes a warehouse in Linfen in Shanxi province, China, killing at least 26 people and injuring others. (Canadian Press)
- Hurricane Ike makes landfall near Banes, Cuba, and weakens. (AP via ''Biloxi Sun Herald'')
- The US military is to 'review an inquiry' into an air raid on a village in Herat province, Afghanistan, after a new video evidence emerged indicating 'scores of civilian deaths'. The US air raid in Afghanistan left up to 90 people dead, 'many of them women and children', the Afghan government and the UN said. However, US officials claimed earlier that 'no more than seven civilians died'. The bodies of 'at least 10 children and many more adults' appear in two videos made with cell phones in the
- 2008 South Ossetia war:
- Three British Muslim men are found guilty of conspiracy to murder relating to the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot. (''The Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 September 2008
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Vicenza - Empoli : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?