Sunday 28 September 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Body of Lies, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The First Billion Is The Hardest by T. Boone Pickens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Clannad: After Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing CarneyVale: Showtime or Brain Age Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 28 September 2008 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 September
- SpaceX launches the first ever private spacecraft, the Falcon 1 into orbit.
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- US Congressional leaders and the George W. Bush administration reach an outline Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 of a bailout of financial institutions as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis. (Reuters)
- British bank Bradford Bingley is to be purchased by the Treasury and Financial Services Authority. (BBC News)
- Belgian bank Fortis NV is partly nationalised as part of an 11.4 billion euro rescue package funded by the Governments of Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. (AP via Google News)
- Piracy in Somalia:
- The captain of a Ukrainian vessel (MV Faina) loaded with tanks and weapons that was seized off the African coast says one crew member has died. (CNN)
- Somali pirates were surrounded by several foreign warships off the central coast of Somalia. (France 24)
- Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia sets a new world record in the marathon of two hours three minutes 58 seconds at the Berlin Marathon. (Reuters)
- In the Bavaria state election, 2008, the rightist CSU loses its absolute majority after 40 years. (Deutsche Welle)
- Voters in Belarus go to the polls for the Belarusian parliamentary elections. According to election officials, allies of President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko will win all 110 seats renewing concerns about the process. (Voice of America)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 September 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Napoli : 0 - 1
- Catania - Chievo : 1 - 0
- Lecce - Cagliari : 2 - 0
- Milan - Inter : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Germinal - Gent : 2 - 2
- Mouscron - Genk : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Bielefeld : 1 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Wolfsburg : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Freiburg : 1 - 0
- Augsburg - Mainz : 0 - 2
- Kaiserslautern - Frankfurt FSV : 2 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Ingolstadt : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?