Wednesday September 24, 2008
US date format: 9/24/2008, UK date format: 24/9/2008
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 24, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Body of Lies, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Burnout Paradise or Beijing 2008.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 24, 2008?
- TV series Knight Rider debuts in the US.
- Mickey Vernon: American baseball player and coach (d....
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 24, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
- T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne - Can't Believe It
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd - Mrs. Officer
- Robin Thicke - Magic
- Young Jeezy Featuring Kanye West - Put On
- Keyshia Cole - Heaven Sent
- Yung Berg Featuring Casha - The Business
Sport Games on September 24, 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Cagliari : 1 - 0
- Bologna - Udinese : 0 - 3
- Chievo - Torino : 1 - 1
- Genoa - Roma : 3 - 1
- Inter - Lecce : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Club Brugge : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Betis : 3 - 2
- Getafe - Ath Madrid : 1 - 2
- Osasuna - La Coruna : 0 - 0
- Real Madrid - Sp Gijon : 7 - 1
- Sevilla - Espanol : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Buffett Invests in Goldman Warren Buffett said his Berkshire Hathaway would buy $5 billion in preferred shares of Goldman Sachs, heartening investors. [..]
- See all financial news of September 24, 2008
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $77.95
- Apple AAPL: opens at $127.27
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.58
- General Electric GE: opens at $25.08
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $116.93
- 1 USD = 106.18 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0384 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0919 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8243 CNY
- 1 EUR = 155.17 JPY