Sunday 2 September 2007US date format: 9/2/2007, UK date format: 2/9/2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bratz: The Movie or Ancient Wars: Sparta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 2 September 2007 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 September
- The Prime Minister of Lebanon Fouad Siniora announces that the Government has captured the camp. (CNN)
- Riot police clash with protesters commemorating the Ungdomshuset in the Nørrebro district of Copenhagen with 26 people injured. (AP via Google)
- 2007 Lebanon conflict:
- Fatah al-Islam fighters attempt an escape from the Nahr al-Bared refugee camp north of Tripoli, Lebanon with at least 41 people being killed in fighting and many being injured and captured by the Lebanese army. (CNN)
- The spokewoman of the Chinese Foreign Ministry announces that China will report military expenditures to the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms. (Xinhua)
- The United States men's national basketball team defeats Argentina 118-81 to win the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship, with both teams qualifying for the 2008 Summer Olympics. (Bloomberg)
- Israeli police recommend that former Finance Minister Avraham Hirchson be indicted for allegedly stealing millions from a trade union he led in 2003. (Associated Press via Google)
- 2007 Pacific hurricane season: Baja California is placed on a Hurricane Watch as Tropical Storm Henriette is expected to strengthen to hurricane strength. (AP via Fox News)
- Ten Colombian soldiers are killed and five are missing during a shootout with FARC guerillas in the mountainous border areas between Quindío and Tolima departments. (AFP via Times of India)
- At least two people are killed and a dozen injured in three simultaneous explosions in Kathmandu in Nepal. (CNN)
- The military-backed interim government of Bangladesh files corruption charges against former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Khaleda Zia and her younger son. (Associated Press via International Herald Tribune)
- Sudan postpones a census that is a crucial for the success of two national elections. (BBC)
- War in Afghanistan: Scores of Taliban are killed in heavy fighting in the Kandahar and Arghandab regions of Afghanistan. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The Ogaden National Liberation Front declares a unilateral ceasefire so that a United Nations team can investigate claims of human rights abuses by the Ethiopian government. (AP via IHT)
- War in Iraq: The United Kingdom withdraws troops from its base at Basra Palace as part of an eventual handover of Basra Province to the Iraqi government. (Reuters)
- Nuclear program of Iran: The President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claims that Iran now has 3,000 centrifuges. The International Atomic Energy Agency estimates the number at 2,000. (AP via NYT)
- Christopher R. Hill, the United States negotiator in talks with North Korea, states that they have agreed to declare and disable all of its nuclear facilities by the end of the year. (BBC)
- Peerzada Muhammad Sayeed, the Education Minister of Jammu and Kashmir survives an assassination attempt by Islamist militants near Patan. (AFP via News Limited)
- Hurricane Felix
- Hurricane Felix becomes a Category 2 hurricane early today as Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao have a hurricane watch in place. (AP via ABC News America)
Sport Games on 2 September 2007
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Parma : 2 - 0
- Cagliari - Juventus : 2 - 3
- Catania - Genoa : 0 - 0
- Livorno - Palermo : 2 - 4
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mouscron - Anderlecht : 1 - 2
- Standard - Club Brugge : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hamburg - Bayern Munich : 1 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Stuttgart : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- CZ Jena - Mainz : 1 - 2
- Greuther Furth - St Pauli : 2 - 1
- M'gladbach - Osnabruck : 2 - 1
- Paderborn - Erzgebirge Aue : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Y Si Te Digo - Fanny Lu
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
As imports create a greater oversight challenge, Bush appointees at the Consumer Product Safety Commission have voiced few objections. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?