Thursday 25 September 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 25, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Body of Lies, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colour Cross or Brothers in Arms: Art of War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 2008
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 September 2008 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 September
- U.S. regulators seize bank Washington Mutual, the biggest bank failure in the nation's history, and sell its assets to JPMorgan Chase & Company for US$1.9 billion. Washington Mutual was the largest savings and loan bank, with $307 billion of assets and $188 billion of deposits.
- China launches the spacecraft Shenzhou 7.
- Pakistani and United States forces exchange fire on the Afghan-Pakistan border. (''The New York Times'')
- Senior members of the United States Congress agree on a legislative deal to bail out the U.S. financial system from lingering effects of the subprime mortgage crisis. (AFP via News Limited)
- The Texas Supreme Court denies a petition by the Bob Barr US Presidential campaign seeking removal of Senators Barack Obama and John McCain from that state's ballot due to both candidates missing the filing deadline. (''Dallas Morning News'')
- An effigy of Barack Obama is found hanging from a tree at George Fox University in Newberg, Oregon. (AP via Google News)
- A young Canadian man is found guilty in the 2006 Toronto terrorism case of participating in a plot to storm the Parliament of Canada and behead the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper. (AP via CNN)
- United States economy
- Jobless claims in the United States rise to a seven-year high while orders for durable goods fall to their lowest level in 18 months, underscoring the weakness of the United States economy. (Fox Business)
- Following the purchase of British Energy by Electricité de France, plans for a new Hinkley Point C nuclear power station have been announced. (Nuclear News)
- The death toll from Typhoon Hagupit rises to 18 with 10 people dead in the People's Republic of China as well as 8 people killed earlier in the Philippines. (CNN)
- Dark flow, a new and unexplained cosmic phenomenon, is observed by astronomers for the first time. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 September 2008
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Malaga - Valencia : 0 - 2
- Mallorca - Numancia : 2 - 0
- Recreativo - Ath Bilbao : 1 - 1
- Valladolid - Almeria : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Grays - Stevenage : 1 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
- Can't Believe It - T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Mrs. Officer - Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd
- Robin Thicke - Magic
- Put On - Young Jeezy Featuring Kanye West
- Heaven Sent - Keyshia Cole
- The Business - Yung Berg Featuring Casha
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Flex - Te Quiero
- Para Siempre - Vicente Fernandez
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- La Cumbia Del Rio - Los Pikadientes de Caborca
- Hasta El Dia De Hoy - Dareyes de La Sierra
- Si No Te Hubieras Ido - Mana
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- Na De Na - Angel & Khriz
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?