Tuesday 30 September 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Body of Lies, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Clannad: After Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms: Hour of Heroes or Captain Rainbow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 September 2008 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 September
- Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam: Singaporean politician, former Secretary-General of Workers' Party of Singapore (Born 1926).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rebounds by 485.21 points (4.68 percent), the third largest one-day point gain.
- 2008 Chinese milk scandal
- Dutch food giant Unilever began recalling Lipton-brand milk tea powder in Hong Kong and Macau after they were found to contain traces of melamine. (CBS News)
- Chinese police report having arrested 22 people on Monday over melamine tainted milk products. (BBC News)
- At least 35 people die when a bus collides with a milk tanker and catches fire in central Pakistan, police say. (News 24)
- Piracy in Somalia:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average goes up almost 500 points, following its largest one day point drop in history yesterday. (Yahoo Finance)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 September 2008
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Bristol City - Plymouth : 2 - 2
- Burnley - Watford : 3 - 2
- Cardiff - Coventry : 2 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Charlton : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Colchester - Leicester : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?