Friday 5 September 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Limits Of Power by Andrew Bacevich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bang Attack or The Incredible Hulk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 September 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 September
- Evan Tanner: American mixed martial artist (Born 1971).
- Arizona Senator John McCain is nominated as US Presidential candidate for the Republican party, with Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as vice presidential candidate.
- Five hundred people have died in the Haitian town of Gonaïves as a result of flooding caused by Tropical Storm Hanna. (Reuters via News Limited)
- According to several news reports, the US government plans to take control of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in a takeover plan. (MSNBC)
- Estimates of sea-level rise due to global warming are scaled back. (Reuters)
- Condoleezza Rice becomes the first United States Secretary of State to visit Libya since 1953. (AP via the ''New York Daily News'')
- Pakistan reinstates Supreme Court judges ousted by former President Pervez Musharraf. (CNN)
- La Princesse, a giant mechanical spider, starts to roam the streets of Liverpool, England, as part of the 2008 European City of Culture celebrations. (BBC News)
- The European Union's ''Rosetta'' spacecraft performs a flyby of the asteroid 2867 Šteins. (AFP)
- Quentin Bryce is sworn in as the first female Governor-General of Australia. (AAP via ''The Melbourne Age'')
- Morris Iemma resigns as Premier of New South Wales following a loss of support in the Australian Labor Party caucus, and is replaced by Nathan Rees. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 September 2008
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Hereford - Swindon : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?