Saturday 20 September 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Blakely Bjerken .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Martyrs, directed by Pascal Laugier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Home by Marilynne Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mode After Hours.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mario Super Sluggers or Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 September 2008 ?
- A suicide truck bomb explosion destroys the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, killing at least 60 and injuring 266.
- A fire in a nightclub in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen results in 43 dead and another 51 injured. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The Ugandan Lord's Resistance Army has launched a surprise offensive in Southern Sudan hitting an army base and villages in the nearby Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC News)
- Residents of Galveston Island, Texas are advised that they can return home next Wednesday but there will be little or no services after Hurricane Ike destroyed much of the town. (CNN)
- The Bush administration asks the United States Congress for $700 billion to buy mortgage-related assets to try to resolve the subprime mortgage crisis. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- War in North-West Pakistan:
- A suicide bomber attacks a Pakistan Army convoy, killing eight soldiers. (France 24)
- The 2008 Marriott Hotel bombing occurs. (AP via Google News)
- South African President Thabo Mbeki agrees to resign after the ruling African National Congress requested him to step down. (Reuters Africa via Google News)
- Pakistan detains 13 Indian fishermen after they drifted in Pakistani waters. (Press Trust of India)
- Cartoon Network's hit action-animated programming block Toonami went completely off the air.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 September 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Catania - Atalanta : 1 - 0
- Roma - Reggina : 3 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Germinal : 1 - 0
- Dender - Waregem : 2 - 0
- Gent - Mechelen : 1 - 2
- Kortrijk - Bergen : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Werder Bremen : 2 - 5
- Bielefeld - FC Koln : 2 - 0
- Cottbus - Bochum : 1 - 1
- M'gladbach - Hertha : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Recreativo : 4 - 0
- Espanol - Getafe : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?