Wednesday September 17, 2008
US date format: 9/17/2008, UK date format: 17/9/2008
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 17, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Mia Talerico .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
An American Affair, directed by William Olsson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Book Of Lies by Brad Meltzer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Block Breaker Deluxe 2 or Back at the Barnyard: Slop Bucket Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 17, 2008?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- The emerging 2008 baby milk scandal shows evidence of coverup by officials during the Olympics. (MSNBC)
- Mia Talerico: American child actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 17, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
- T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne - Can't Believe It
- Young Jeezy Featuring Kanye West - Put On
- Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd - Mrs. Officer
- Rihanna - Take A Bow
- Robin Thicke - Magic
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Keyshia Cole - Heaven Sent
Sport Games on September 17, 2008
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Norwich - QPR : 0 - 1
- Southampton - Ipswich : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Asian Markets Rally Early, Then Lose Steam Asian stock markets rallied in response to the Federal Reserve’s rescue of the struggling insurer American International Group, but the rally began to lose steam by lunchtime. [..]
- Barclays Agrees to Buy Some Lehman Assets The British bank agreed to buy Lehman’s broker-dealer business a day after the investment bank filed for bankruptcy protection. [..]
- See all financial news of September 17, 2008
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $75.60
- Apple AAPL: opens at $138.49
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.73
- General Electric GE: opens at $23.99
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $114.79
- 1 USD = 104.33 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0712 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1038 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8365 CNY
- 1 EUR = 149.46 JPY