Saturday 3 August 1940US date format: 8/3/1940, UK date format: 3/8/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Sheen and Anne Toth.
The Return of Frank James, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1940 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Martin Sheen: American actor in more than a dozen...
- Anne Toth: Canadian astrologer from 1962 and...
- Lance Alworth: American pro football, nicknamed Bambi,...
- John W: Carlin; American politician...
- Gerard Alsteens: Belgian cartoon artist known as "Gal.
- Roscoe Mitchell: Composer.
- James Tyler: American guitarist and songwriter (d....
- Pierre Le Mellec: French road bicycle racer, who competed...
- Joseph Dorfman: Composer.
- Lance Alworth in Houston: Texas, USA; NFL hall of famer (San Diego...
- Willard Hershberger: Catcher (Cin Reds), commits suicide.
- German occupiers forbid ritual slaughters and English and French movies
- Italian troops invade British Somalia
- Lithuanian SSR is accepted into USSR
- Seaplane Clare makes 1st British passagiersvlucht to the US
- World War II: Italian forces begin the invasion of British Somaliland.
- The Lithuanian SSR, Latvian SSR (August 5) and Estonian SSR (August 6) are incorporated into the Soviet Union six weeks after their anaxation.