Sunday 3 August 1930US date format: 8/3/1930, UK date format: 3/8/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Komack in New York City and Robert Weinig.
Sweethearts on Parade, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1930 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- James Komack in New York City: New York, USA; writer/director/actor (The Courtship of Eddie's Father).
- Robert Weinig: American executive and CEO of Eastern Enterprises; a conglomerate using it's proceeds to dilatate into water purification systems, expecting this to become the companies third largest business along with Inland Barge and Boston Gas.
- James Komack: American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1997).
- 2nd time in 1930, Chuck Klein of Phillies hits in 26 straight games