Saturday 3 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James MacGregor and Olivier Alain.
Riddle Gawne, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1918 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- James MacGregor: Burns political writer (The Lion and the Fox).
- Olivier Alain: French organist, pianist, musicologist and composer.
- Mihiel Gilormini Pacheco: United States Air Force officer who served in the Royal Air Force and in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.
- Sidney Gottlieb: American chemist, a career member of the CIA who developed the Mind Control Program.
- Marcel Hennart: France Writer.
- James Burns: American historian political scientist and author (d. 2014)
- Larry Haines: American actor (d. 2008)
- Eddie Jefferson: American singer-songwriter (d. 1979)
- Albert P Hahn: Dutch political cartoonist (Het Volk), dies at 41.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?