Saturday 3 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 3, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Gottlieb and Jeanette Glenn.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1918 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Sidney Gottlieb: American chemist, a career member of the CIA who developed the Mind Control Program.
- Jeanette Glenn
- Olivier Alain: French organist, pianist, musicologist and composer.
- Mihiel Gilormini Pacheco: United States Air Force officer who served in the Royal Air Force and in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.
- Marcel Hennart: France Writer.
- Dada Vaswani: Clergyman.
- Larry Haines: American actor (d. 2008).
- Eddie Jefferson: American singer-songwriter (d. 1979).
- James Burns: American historian political scientist and author (d. 2014).
- James MacGregor: Burns political writer (The Lion and the Fox).
- Albert P Hahn: Dutch political cartoonist (Het Volk), dies at 41.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields