Saturday 3 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sidney Gottlieb and Jeanette Glenn.
A Pair of Silk Stockings, directed by Walter Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1918 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Sidney Gottlieb: American chemist, a career member of the CIA who developed the Mind Control Program.
- Jeanette Glenn
- Mihiel Gilormini Pacheco: United States Air Force officer who served in the Royal Air Force and in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.
- Marcel Hennart: France Writer.
- James MacGregor: Burns political writer (The Lion and the Fox).
- Larry Haines: American actor (d. 2008).
- Eddie Jefferson: American singer-songwriter (d. 1979).
- James Burns: American historian political scientist and author (d. 2014).
- Olivier Alain: French organist, pianist, musicologist and composer.
- Albert P Hahn: Dutch political cartoonist (Het Volk), dies at 41.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields