Tuesday 3 August 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denise Craig Women's Professional Basketball League forward (Dayton Rockettes and Michael Arthur.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mr. Hobbs' Vacation by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1954 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Denise Craig Women's Professional Basketball League forward (Dayton Rockettes: New York Stars).
- Michael Arthur: Lord Ramsey/archbishop of Canterbury, dies (born 1904).
- Gary Peters: English footballer and manager.
- 1st VTOL (Vertical Take-off & Land) flown
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - The High And The Mighty
- The High and the Mighty - Leroy Holmes & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?