Friday 3 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Egan in Bronx and Robert Loggia in Staten Island.
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1930 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Eddie Egan in Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Joe Forrester).
- Robert Loggia in Staten Island: New York, USA; actor (An Officer and a Gentleman, THE Cat).
- Marcel Dube: Quebec playwright.
- Roger Martine: French rugby player, one of the best players after WW II.
- Robert Loggia: Movie Actor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?