Friday 3 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Martine and Robert Loggia in Staten Island.
The Informer, directed by Arthur Robison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1930 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Roger Martine: French rugby player, one of the best players after WW II.
- Eddie Egan in Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Joe Forrester).
- Robert Loggia in Staten Island: New York, USA; actor (An Officer and a Gentleman, THE Cat).
- Marcel Dube: Quebec playwright.
- Robert Loggia: Movie Actor.