Wednesday 3 January 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Michel Couve and Thelma Schoonmaker.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 1940 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Jean-Michel Couve
- Thelma Schoonmaker: Actress / editor (Casino, Cape Fear, Good Fellas).
- Leo de Berardinis: Italian actor and director (d. 2008).
- Bernard Blaut: Polish footballer and coach (d. 2007).
- WPG-AM in Atlantic City, New Jersey consolidates with WBIL andWOV as new WOV
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Comes Around - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?