Wednesday 3 January 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Michel Couve and Thelma Schoonmaker.
The Shop Around the Corner, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1940 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Jean-Michel Couve
- Thelma Schoonmaker: Actress / editor (Casino, Cape Fear, Good Fellas).
- Leo de Berardinis: Italian actor and director (d. 2008).
- Bernard Blaut: Polish footballer and coach (d. 2007).
- WPG-AM in Atlantic City, New Jersey consolidates with WBIL andWOV as new WOV