Wednesday 3 January 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thelma Schoonmaker and Leo de Berardinis.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1940 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Thelma Schoonmaker: Actress / editor (Casino, Cape Fear, Good Fellas).
- Leo de Berardinis: Italian actor and director (d. 2008).
- Bernard Blaut: Polish footballer and coach (d. 2007).
- WPG-AM in Atlantic City, New Jersey consolidates with WBIL andWOV as new WOV
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Comes Around - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?