Tuesday 3 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Siffre and Bobby Hull.
Son of Frankenstein, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Western Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1939 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Michel Siffre: French underground explorer, adventurer and scientist.
- Bobby Hull: Canadian hockey player who played as a forward with the Chicago Black Hawks, in the NHL, from 1958-72.
- Gene Summers: American musician.
- Nikos Alefantos: Greek football manager.
- Arik Einstein: Israeli singer, songwriter and actor.
- Gene Cox becomes 1st girl page in US House of Representatives