Wednesday 3 February 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M Vasalis and Andre Cayatte.
Les heures - Épisode 4: Le soir, la nuit, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 3 February 1909 ?
- Saints Berlindis, Celsa and Nona.
- Japan - the festival of Setsubun before spring.
- United States - Four Chaplains Day.
- Saint Blaise, Catholics visit churches to have their throats blessed.
- Saint Ansgar, patron saint of Denmark
- Mozambique - Heroes' Day.
- Saint Werburgh
- Saint Hadelin (+690)
- M Vasalis: [Margaretha Droogleever Fortuyn-Leenmans] poet (Phoenix).
- Andre Cayatte: French filmmaker (d. 1989).
- André Cayatte: French film director, screenwriter, poet, novelist, lawyer who used filmmaking as means of criticizing french legal system; also journalist, married once, one child.
- Lauritz Dorenfeldt: Norwegian jurist.
- Jeanne Hazelhurst: Mexican-American astrologer who joined AFA in October 1976 and died the following month in Margate, FL.
- Simone Weil: French mystic, social philosopher and religious apologist who completed many brilliant studies in literature, philosophy and logic. She also developed a distinctive philosophy of her own. In 1936, she took part in the Spanish civil war and joined the resistance, participating in a protest fast. Raised as a Jewish intellectual and agnostic, she was always an original thinker, and she made an impact on her culture in many areas.
- Kurt Petter: German-Swedish physician (d. 1969)
- Johann Georg Herzog composer: dies at age 86.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 February 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- No News, Or What Killed the Dog - Nat Wills
- Honey Lou - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Alabam' - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Arthur Pryor's Band - National Emblem March
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?