Monday 3 January 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jackson Grossman .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
The Mechanic, directed by Simon West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Afterfall: Insanity or Everybody's Golf 6.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 3 January 2011 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Jackson Grossman: American child of noted chef, Nikki Cascone and her husband Brad Grossman.
- Fadil Hadzic: Croatian film director (Born 23 April 1922).
- A further 35 officers in Bangladesh are sentenced over their involvement in a mutiny in February 2009. (Xinhua)
- Coptic Christians clash with police in Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt, as they demand more protection for Egypt's Christian minority following a New Year's Day bombing of a Coptic church that killed 21. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Sudanese soldiers kill one woman and rape six others near Attash Camp in South Darfur. (Radio Dabanga)
- In response to the firing of a Kassam rocket from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, Israel planes bomb three targets, including two refugee camps and a weapons factory in the Gaza Strip, injuring two people. (ABC News)
- Pakistani forces fire on Indian posts along the border along the Line of Control in the Poonch district of the disputed Kashmir region, in a second ceasefire violation since December 29. (''The Hindu'')
- Investments in Facebook totaling US$500 million lead to speculation that its value could be as high as US$50 billion. (CNN)
- Floods in Queensland, Australia:
- The Australian government announces that it will make relief payments of hundreds of millions of dollars for flood victims. (''The Australian'')
- The death toll from the floods rises to 10. (Adelaide Now)
- 7 people are missing after a fishing boat sank in the Xi River in south China. (''Straits Times'')
- Two boats capsize off the southern coast of Yemen with a total of 80 people missing. Only three have been found alive. (Press TV)
- A six-alarm fire destroys a former hotel built in 1888 and recognized as a heritage building on Toronto's Yonge Street before it was scheduled for demolition the fire forced the temporary closure of Ryerson University and nearby schools and hot spots remained a danger after extinguishing the fire. Two firefighters who fell into the building were rescued uninjured while arson remains a suspected cause. (''Toronto Sun'')
- A delegation of African leaders from Benin, Cape Verde, Kenya and Sierra Leone travels to Côte d'Ivoire to offer incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo an amnesty if he resigns from office. (Voice of Russia)
- According to a new Wikileaks document, U.S. ambassador to France, Craig Stapleton, asked Washington to penalize nations, including France, who do not support genetically modified crops. (''The Guardian'')
- An Iranian judiciary official says that Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani could be spared execution by stoning for murder, manslaughter, and adultery, pointing out that ambiguities remain in her case. (Adelaide Now)
- The second-largest party in Pakistan's coalition, Muttahida Qaumi Movement, quits the government leaving it with a minority in parliament. (CNN)
- A study reports that 61% of Americans believe the best way to solve the budget deficit is to raise taxes for the wealthiest, in contrast to a plan by Republicans to permanently extend Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans (Reuters)
- Scientists are investigating the sudden dieoff of over 5,000 Red-winged Blackbirds in Beebe, Arkansas, United States, on New Year's Eve. (CNN.com)
- In another event not far way from the bird dieoff, scientists are investigating a fish kill of nearly 100,000 drum in the Arkansas River. (USA Today)
- China announces a breakthrough in spent nuclear fuel reprocessing technology that could solve the country's uranium supply problem. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 January 2011
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Santander : 0 - 0
- Getafe - Real Madrid : 2 - 3
- Mallorca - Hercules : 3 - 0
- Villarreal - Almeria : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Salamanca - Xerez : 2 - 3
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Coventry : 2 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Preston : 1 - 0
- Derby - Millwall : 0 - 0
- Ipswich - Nott'm Forest : 0 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Darlington - Barrow : 3 - 1
- Eastbourne Borough - Cambridge : 0 - 2
- Forest Green - Crawley Town : 0 - 3
- Histon - Grimsby : 1 - 6
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.64
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $93.82
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.19
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.22
- 1 CHF = 7.0591 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6316 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9392 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.7 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?