Wednesday 3 June 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 3, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Curtis and Tony Curtis [Bernard Schwartz] in Bronx.
Super-Hooper-Dyne Lizzies, directed by Del Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 June 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1925!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1925 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- Tony Curtis: American actor in more than 100 films from 1948, including bombs and classics such as "Sweet Smell of Success," 1957 and "Some Like It Hot," 1959, plus his Oscar-nominated "The Defiant Ones.
- Gerhard Zwerenz: Writer.
- Tony Curtis [Bernard Schwartz] in Bronx: New York, USA; actor (Some Like It Hot, Trapeze).
- Thomas Joseph Winning: Archbishop of Glasgow, Scotland (d. 2001).
- Thomas Winning: Scottish cardinal and Archbishop of Glasgow, Winning was often outspoken, and unafraid to publicly expound the Roman Church's understanding of moral matters such as abortion, homosexuality, and ecclesiastical matters such as the celibacy of priests.
- Arnold Peters: English actor (d. 2013).
- Eddie Collins, is 6th to get 3,000 hits
- Goodyear airship Pilgrim makes first flight (first with enclosed cabin).
- White Sox manager Eddie Collins gets 3,000 hit