Wednesday 10 June 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel May and Willem Oltmans.
Super-Hooper-Dyne Lizzies, directed by Del Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1925!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1925 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Michel May: French top-ranking government employee.
- Don Costa: Actor (Impossible Years, Soul of Nigger Charlie).
- Willem Oltmans: Dutch investigative journalist, autobiographer and publisher who won a lengthy legal battle with the Dutch state.
- Leo Gravelle: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2013).
- Nat Hentoff: American historian, novelist, jazz critic, and columnist.
- James Salter: American soldier author and academic (d. 2015).
- Inaugural service for the United Church of Canada, a union of Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist churches, held in the Toronto Arena.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Will You Remember Me? - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- At the End of the Road - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Bessie Smith - The St. Louis Blues