Saturday 13 June 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Fellner .
Super-Hooper-Dyne Lizzies, directed by Del Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1925!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1925 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- 57th Belmont: Albert Johnson aboard American Flag wins in 2:16.8
- Charles Francis Jenkins achieves the first synchronized transmission of pictures and sound, using 48 lines, and a mechanical system. A 10-minute film of a miniature windmill in motion is sent across 5 miles from Anacostia to Washington, DC. The images are viewed by representatives of the National Bureau of Standards, the U.S. Navy, the Commerce Department, and others. Jenkins calls this quotthe first public demonstration of radiovisionquot.
- The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece is founded.
- The Turkish football club Göztepe is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Will You Remember Me? - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- At the End of the Road - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Bessie Smith - The St. Louis Blues