Monday 29 June 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cara Williams in Brooklyn and Robert Hébras.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Augusto Genina, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1925!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1925 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Cara Williams in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Pete and Gladys, Cara Williams Show).
- Robert Hébras: French man, one of the six persons who survived after the slaughter, in Oradour-sur-Glane, close to Limoges.
- Giorgio Napolitano: Italian politician who has been the 11th President of the Italian Republic since 2006.
- Hale Smith: American musician who is especially talented at arrangements, having worked as an arranger for Chico Hamilton, Oliver Nelson, Quincy Jones and Ahmad Jamal.
- Cara Williams: TV Actress.
- Chan Parker: American memoir writer, wife of Charlie Parker and of Phil Woods (d. 1999)
- Jackie Taylor: American actress (d. 2014)
- Canada House opens in London, England.
- Santa Barbara Earthquake of 1925: A 6.8 earthquake destroys downtown Santa Barbara, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Yearning (Just For You) - Gene Austin
- Listening - Grace Moore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?