Monday 1 June 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Erdman in Enid and Dilia Diaz Cisneros.
White Fang, directed by Lawrence Trimble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Green Hat by Michael Arlen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1925!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1925 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Richard Erdman in Enid: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Stalag 17, Anything Goes).
- Dilia Diaz Cisneros: Venezuelan teacher.
- Dilia Cisneros: Venezuelan poet and educator.
- Hazel Dickens: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2011).
- Marie Knight: American gospel singer (d. 2009).
- Lou Gehrig of the New York Yankees plays the first game in his record streak of 2,130 consecutive games, an endurance record in major league baseball that stands until Cal Ripken, Jr. breaks it in 1995.
- Percy and Florence Arrowsmith are married. This couple, who celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary June 1, 2005 (Percy aged 105, and wife Florence 100), are acknowledged by the Guinness Book of Records as record-holders for the longest marriage for a living couple and the greatest aggregate age of a married couple.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?