Monday 3 May 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Lippold and Evencio Castellanos.
The Captive, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1915 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Richard Lippold: American sculptor, known for his geometric constructions using wire as a medium.
- Evencio Castellanos: composer.
- Stu Hart: Canadian wrestler and trainer founded Stampede Wrestling (d. 2003).
- The poem In Flanders Fields is written by Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae.