Thursday 3 May 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Akio Toyoda and Alain Vareille.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Good-bye, My Lady, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1956 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Akio Toyoda: Businessman.
- Alain Vareille: French engineer and head of a firm founded by his dad.
- Nina Garcia: Journalist.
- Marc Bellemare: French Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Most Happy Fella opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 678 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?