Friday 3 June 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Evenett and Stephen Ruppenthal.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Aspirin Age, 1919-1941 by Isabel Leighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 3 June 1949 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- David Evenett: MP (Conservative).
- Stephen Ruppenthal: Composer.
- Philippe Djian: French writer, a novelist and screenwriter.
- Floyd Lloyd: Jamaican reggae singer.
- Amedos Peter Giannine: founder of Bank of America, dies at age 79.
- 1st negro to graduate from US Naval Academy (Wesley Anthony Brown)
- Dragnet is 1st broadcast on radio (KFI in Los Angeles)
- GN Clark becomes 1st female US treasurer
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Peggy Lee
- Some Enchanted Evening - Bing Crosby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?