Sunday 3 November 1918US date format: 11/3/1918, UK date format: 3/11/1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 3, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raimon Panikkar and Claude Barma.
Little Women, directed by Harley Knoles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 November 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1918 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Raimon Panikkar: Catalan philosopher (Born 1918).
- Claude Barma: French-Italian director and screenwriter, and an early creator of French television programmes.
- Bob Feller: American sailor baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2010).
- Elizabeth Hoisington: American general (d. 2007).
- Bob Feller pitcher (Cleveland Indian: three no-hitters).
- Dean Riesner: American film and television writer (Born 1918).
- Russell Long: American lieutenant lawyer and politician (d. 2003).
- Russell B: Long (Democrat-Senator-Louisiana).
- Elizabeth P Hoisington: American Brigadier General (d. 2007).
- Aleksandr Mikhailovich Lyapunov: Russian scientist (Born 1857).
- Poland proclaims independence from Russia after WW I.
- Austro-Hungarian Empire dissolves.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Lost Chord - Alma Gluck
- When Uncle Joe Steps into France - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Love's Garden of Roses - John McCormack