Friday 1 November 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Armstrong and Robert Laing.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1918
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 1 November 1918. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1918 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Paul Armstrong: American athlete, played pro basketball for three seasons, beginning in 1948.
- Robert Laing: Seattle EXecutives.
- Hermann Braun: American-German actor (d. 1945).
- Ken Miles: English-American race car driver (d. 1966).
- 102 die in a NYC BMT subway derailment at Malbone Street Brooklyn
- Yugoslav battleship Viribus Unitis sunk by Italians
- Malbone Street Wreck: the worst rapid transit accident in US history occurs under the intersection of Malbone Street and Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, New York City, with at least 93 deaths.
- Western Ukraine gains its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Lost Chord - Alma Gluck
- When Uncle Joe Steps into France - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Love's Garden of Roses - John McCormack