Friday 22 November 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Rodriguez and Hermann Weiser.
The Greatest Thing in Life, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1918 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Carlos Rodriguez: Layperson of the Roman Catholic Church, who was beatified by the Catholic Church on 29 April 2001.
- Hermann Weiser: Germany Military man.
- Yves Martin-Sibille: Epinal Military man.
- Claiborne Pell: American captain and politician (d. 2009).
- Bathe: grand Duke Frederik II resigns
- Marshal J Pilsudski becomes 1st President (dictator) of Poland
- Polish forces attack Jewish community of Lemberg (Lvov)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Indianola - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Smiles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?