Monday 18 November 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Tasker Watkins and İlhan Berk.
The Greatest Thing in Life, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Oh, Money! Money! by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1918 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Sir Tasker Watkins: Welsh Victoria Cross recipient and rugby administrator (d. 2007).
- İlhan Berk: Turkish poet and author (d. 2008).
- Tasker Watkins: Welsh soldier judge and politician Victoria Cross recipient (d. 2007).
- Brussels free Stofnar
- Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
- The Spartacist League founds the German Communist Party.
- The Belgian royal family returns to Brussels after the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh! How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Irving Kaufman
- Indianola - Wilbur Sweatman's Original Jazz Band
- Smiles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?