Monday 18 November 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tasker Watkins and Sir Tasker Watkins.
All Night, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1918 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Tasker Watkins: Welsh soldier judge and politician Victoria Cross recipient (d. 2007).
- Sir Tasker Watkins: Welsh Victoria Cross recipient and rugby administrator (d. 2007).
- İlhan Berk: Turkish poet and author (d. 2008).
- Brussels free Stofnar
- Latvia declares its independence from Russia.
- The Spartacist League founds the German Communist Party.
- The Belgian royal family returns to Brussels after the war.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Smiles - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Everything is Peaches Down in Georgia - Prince's Orchestra