Sunday 10 November 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernst Otto Fischer and Jack McCoy.
The Greatest Thing in Life, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1918 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Ernst Otto Fischer: German chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- Jack McCoy: Akron, Ohio -- TV host (Live Like a Millionaire).
- Oda Blinder [Yolanda Corsen]: Antillean poetess (Doorstep).
- Ernst Fischer: German chemist, one of the world's foremost synthetic, inorganic chemists.
- Hervé Bromberger: French film director and screenwriter, a former journalist.
- German Emperor Wilhelm II flees to the Netherlands
- The Western Union Cable Office in North Sydney, Nova Scotia receives a top-secret coded message from Europe (that would be sent to Ottawa, Ontario and Washington, DC) that said on November 11, 1918 all fighting would cease on land, sea and in the air.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When You Sang Hush-A-Bye to Me - Sterling Trio
- Everything is Peaches Down in Georgia - American Quartet
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Charles Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?