Wednesday 3 October 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Jacques Kantorow and Henry Chabert.
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Cass Timberlane by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1945!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 October 1945 ?
- Jean-Jacques Kantorow
- Henry Chabert
- Rik Kenton: Rocker.
- Viktor Saneyev: USSR -- Triple jumper (1968-80 Olympics - 3 Gold / 1 Silver Medals).
- Lorenzo Bozano: Italian homicide; kidnapped, raped and killed 13-year-old Milena Sutter in Geneva whose body was fished out of the ocean a few days before Lorenzo was arrested on 5/09/1971.
- Tony Brown: English footballer and sportscaster.
- Christopher Bruce: English dancer and choreographer.
- Jo Ritzen: Dutch economist and politician Dutch Minister of Education.
- Kay Baxter: Woodsfield, Ohio -- Best Bodybuilder in World (1983-85).
- Tigers and Cubs meet in World Series for 4th time
- World Federation of Trade Unions formed; CIO a member.
- The President signs Executive Order 9637, creating the Presidential Medal of Merit.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- The Blond Sailor - Andrews Sisters
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Lily Belle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?