Wednesday September 04, 1957
US date format: 9/4/1957, UK date format: 4/9/1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 4, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Khandi Alexander and Patricia Tallman.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Turn Of The Tide by Arthur Bryant was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching O Corcunda de Notre Dame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 04, 1957?
- Governor of Arkansas, Orval Faubus, calls out National Guard to stop 9 black students from entering a Little Rock high school
- The Ford Motor Company introduces the Edsel.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 04, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 04If September 04, 1957 is your birthday you're 62 years, 11 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 28 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free